Far north of Limpopo package
After a first night at Madi a Thavha Mountain Lodge, a trip takes the visitors Elim and surrounding villages to experience traditional village life, local markets and the workshops of wood carvers, textile artists, potters and instrument makers. A pick-nick lunch is offered at Thomas Kubayi’s workshop. The third day visitors head towards Poachers Corner, the western corner of the trip, at the border of Botswana and Zimbabwe. After following the Western Soutpansberg mountain range to Vivo and a break in one of the coffee shops of farmers village Alldays, the trip continues to Mapungubwe National Park. Visitors stay in the self catering luxury huts of Leokwe Camp, amongst beautiful rock formations, baobab trees and a rock pool. During the afternoon it's possible to walk ‘on the treetops’ and visit the various view points along the Limpopo and Sweswe rivers. After sunset, braais can be arranged at the bomas if the accommodation huts. A Cultural Heritage tour is booked for the next morning. The trip continues via Musina to Pafuri River Camp, near Pafuri gate of the Kruger National Park. Here, visitors can relax at the swimming pool or make a walk to the nearby Mutale river. The following day visitors enter the park to experience the most northern eco system of the Kruger National park. Visits to the Thulamela archaeological site and Pafuri Pick-nick and bird watching spot are included. Last activity of the day is a visit to Crook's Corner, where South Africa, Zimbabwe and Mozambique meet. After this experience and a beautiful evening at Pafuri River camp, the Madi a Thavha tour guide will fetch the visitors at Pafuri River camp the next morning to accompany them on a trip through Northern Venda.
This package includes:
- Welcome drink and snacks.
- Guided visit to the Dancing Fish Gallery and Exhibition centre at Madi a Thavha.
- 3 nights stay at Madi a Thavha Mountain Lodge based on dinner, bed and breakfast.
- Day trip including transport and pick-nick lunch to Elim and surrounding villages (day 2).
- 1 night stay at Leokwe Camp of Mapungubwe National park (entrance fee included), cooler boxes with braai pack, drinks and breakfast pack included.
- Cultural Heritage tour at Mapungubwe National park (day 4).
- 2 nights stay at the tented camp or tree top tents of Pafuri River Camp based on dinner, bed and breakfast.
- Day activity at Pafuri River camp: guided walk to Mutale Potholes or game drive in the Kruger National Park (day 5).
- Guided trip including tour guide and pick-nick lunch to the Big Tree, Rebecca Matibe, Lake Fundudzi, Thathe Vondo Forest, tea plantations and back to Madi a Thavha (day 6).
Rates Far North of Limpopo package (7 days):
Self drive – accommodation – catering – one day tour guide
2 pax per person – valid until 31/10/2014
|Rates on request|